Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Rolling with the Punches

It's amazing how unplanned life is at any given moment. You may think you know what's going on or that you have your life's blueprints in hand, step by step; the crazy thing is what happens when you're not looking, when you're not planning on it. Weightlifting, for example, is something I never planned on happening in my life. I was very set and happy with my CrossFit training when weightlifting was introduced to me. I didn't know what was behind that door that day, and I didn't know what it had in store for me. Six months have passed now and I can't say that I would take any of it back. I am so happy with my training and enjoying every minute of it. It has introduced me to many new friends across the country and the world. People who unite under one common interest and compete to take it all home. It has introduced me to the greatest of teammates, a wonderful coach, and a whole new love for competing again.

Don't stress in life when you feel like it's not going your way. Focus on the controllables, focus on what you can make a difference on. When life throws you a curve ball, set back, wait on it, and drive it into right field. Don't hold back in life. Don't regret. You never know what would happen if you had to go back in time and do it all over again. Catch what life throws at you and run with it. It's the unexpected of life's surprises that most times end up the best. Set your goals high and do what it takes to get there, enjoying every road bump, obstacle, wonderful delight that comes along with it. Don't be afraid to swim out past the safety nets and take a risk from time to time. You never know when that next big risk just might just be your next big adventure.


"For everything you have missed, you have gained something else; and for everything you gain, you lose something else. It is about your outlook towards life."

No comments:

Post a Comment